sheilaraeo

Saturday Night Widows: The Adventures of Six Friends Remaking Their Lives
Alexander McQueen: The Life and the Legacy
Judith Watt

Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things

Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things - Randy O. Frost, Gail Steketee Randy Frost and Gail Steketee have written a fascinating and compassionate book about hoarding that gives insight into the thought processes a hoarder goes through as he or she considers their stuff. Like many others have commented, I can see some of my own rationale and behaviors within these pages but I somehow manage to keep them under control (for the most part- maybe some would disagree when they see my piles of magazines and stacks of books... heh heh but I digress). What is it that makes some lose that control, letting the possessions take over as they live their lives in little more than narrow "goat paths" through their homes? Dr. Frost and his colleagues are seeking an answer to that question along with an effective way to diagnose and treat this often hidden affliction. The case studies were very interesting and include a wide variety of people affected by this condition from old to very young. In the last chapter of the book they have included the steps to take if you or someone you know has a hoarding problem. Okay, I think I need to go do a little sorting now.... ;)